Alta Lakes and San Miguel Range, San Juan
Mountains near Telluride, CO
ÓDale Malmedal. Photo by
North American Tectonic History
By Richard Conroy
A study guide with references — concise compilation of the location, geology, structure and geologic age of fifty tectonic features that define the construction of North America over the past 4.5 billion years. Soft bound.
SKU/Item Number: NATH
Plus Shipping and Handling
- Bibliographic references to the primary authors who
identified and described each tectonic event .
- Comments identifying conflicting theories of origin and the technical basis for age and structural interpretations.
- Geology professors — advanced undergraduate or graduate seminars on North American geology or tectonics.
- Seminar plans
- Project assignments
- Class presentations
- Term papers
- Advanced undergraduate or graduate students:
- Quick reference to North American tectonic elements, their
location, geology and age.
- Basic geologic and structural
information on fifty North American tectonic features.
- Literature references to primary
authors of studies describing each tectonic feature.
- References to key illustrations
available in the literature that clearly portray the tectonic